Tuesday, October 17, 2006

ho hum

I haven’t written in yonks and don’t really see any point in trying to recap the last six months in this one post. So let’s not go there.

Only 5 more weeks (hopefully) to go till the sprog pops. Being a live incubator is interesting but I must admit, a bit tiring sometimes. Especially when you get periodically kicked in the soft bits. So am I nervous about bearing an offspring? Hell yeah. Which reminds me, it’s time coached myself to stop swearing. Bugger. Ahem, I mean, boulder.

Went to see Oliver! last Saturday. It wasn’t as good as I expected it to be but very well done nonetheless. I must say I was most impressed by the set and lighting. The sets conveyed such a sense of depth – especially in the opening scene. There were instances that made me wince but I’m happy to say they were few and far between. The most annoying thing about the play was not the play itself but the gaggle of international school kids who thought it would be a peachy idea to have a nice chat while waiting for the play to end. Was almost tempted to stand up and yell at them but didn’t want to be laughed off as a hormonal pregnant woman having a hissy fit. For more on the play itself, go here.

Am reading Tony Parsons' “one for my baby” at the moment. I loved his ‘Man and Boy” and this one is living up to my expectations.

No comments:

Epiphanous rambling

I went for a bit of a walk this morning. The silly cat wakes me up at 5.30 on the dot anyway, demanding food, so I thought might as well and...