Saturday, January 22, 2011

An Ode to the Forlorn

Why do I care why do I even try

Why do I need to even wonder why

Knowing that it ended even before it began

Why do I feel let down, why is it so hard to understand

Shake it off, lift my head

try to walk away

The need in me, the want in me

begs me to stay

Tell myself to be strong

Easier said than done

I’ll understand if you explain

I’ll be man enough to take the pain

But don’t go away and not tell me why

Don’t run away without the clichéd goodbye

You might look away but you’ll see me out of the corner of your eye

Tell me, in the breath of the wind do you hear my soul sigh

No comments:

Epiphanous rambling

I went for a bit of a walk this morning. The silly cat wakes me up at 5.30 on the dot anyway, demanding food, so I thought might as well and...