Friday, January 07, 2011

The Visitor

This is it, I’m done

Close the book start again

Wait for the off chance that I might be proven wrong

Hold my breath? not that stupid my friend

Reality comes a banging

Beating on the door

Reluctantly let him in, offer him a drink

He puts his feet up on my coffee table

Sips his G & T and gives me a wry grin

Beaten again? He asks in that snide way of his

I shake my head, offer him a coaster

Not this time I say, I haven’t fallen down yet

You were here when it started

We made the bargain

I don’t need you here smirking with your offering of pity

There’s the door, see yourself out

I gesture with my head

He puts his drink down, spares me a smile

I’ll be back says he, doffing his hat

You’ll be seeing me when you admit the truth to yourself

Then he’s gone, the ice still melts in his drink

I sit where he sat, waiting for the knocking to start again

No comments:

Epiphanous rambling

I went for a bit of a walk this morning. The silly cat wakes me up at 5.30 on the dot anyway, demanding food, so I thought might as well and...