Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Nicotine Blues

Quitting cold turkey just made me jittery and nervous. So decided to hell with everyone else's sytems and i'd go for one i was comofrtable with. So far it seems to be working. Basically, all i've been doing is cutting down drastically and more importantly staying away from the conventional cigarette breaks. For instance, if i skip the one with the morning coffee, i don't get any craving for the rest of the day. Around lunchtime the imp on my left shoulder gives me a little nudge, so i have one cigarette - the first for the day - BEFORE lunch. Then after lunch i avoid the smokes. So breaking the habit.

I must admit, it feels pretty good to be smoke free.

No comments:

Epiphanous rambling

I went for a bit of a walk this morning. The silly cat wakes me up at 5.30 on the dot anyway, demanding food, so I thought might as well and...